Let’s be more assertive women!
What does it mean to be assertive?
Assertiveness is a behaviour that is self-validating. This behaviour is an interpersonal liaison which is based on mutual content, in which the goal of the parties are to achieve their interest in a way that they won’t harm others’ feelings and interests. It is worth investing the energy of learning assertive behaviour to have more balanced connections. Assertiveness needs a huge amount of awareness, awareness of our own, old communication patterns, and if needed, conscious rebuilding of these patterns are required.
1. Assertiveness based on win-win solutions in every walk of life.
We need to change for assertive behaviour in both of the cases above. In the first case we are inferior to the others, we suppress our interest with our behaviour. On the other case we are aggressively enforce our will.
2. Operate the principle of equality through cooperation
The base of the assertive behaviour is equality, collaboration and the expressions of feelings, instead of repression of them. The assertive person does not want to win by herself/ himself, she or he wants to have a win-win situation.
Assertiveness for content everyday life
Assertiveness emphasises the quality of the connections in our life. We take notice of another person’s reaction, to our gestures and facing them with our own needs.
Being assertive is not a personal trait, it’s a decision. We won’t have to behave assertively all the time, but after we have learnt it and understood it we can choose to behave like that.
And as we said above, one way of the assertive self expression is using NVC.
Developing females’ self validating process – it’s available by coaching or by digital courses
- learning assertive behaviour especially designed for females : improving self-consciousness, self-awareness, self confidence, balanced mental hygienical state, self-identity
- At the course we deal with gender roles, reading awareness about our hidden female identity types based on Bolen’s types, our communication styles and mirroring our advantages and disadvantages in everyday life and in times of crisis for designing our own developing plan.
- We handle all the female issues: including mothers, singles, home officers and high leaders. We work issues like the balance between home and work, mother role and girlfriend role, single mother role and single female role without kids, etc.
- We will look for female icons in our family and in our life. And we will be looking for our own female idols in history, in science and in art too.
- Methodology we use in trainings:
- Relaxation, assertive, non-violent communication, elements of psychodrama, structural exercises, writing female life story narratives, sharing experiences and reflections.
- Trainings are on occasional basis when there are enough applicants.
About my study on female teachers mental health
The aim of this study is to learn more about the background of the female teacher’s mental health state. Specifically, the study examines the connection between female identity, mental health state and professional role.
Another aim is to find a new way of developing professional personality based upon the psychologically valid results.
I believe that the results and developments based on them will serve the interest of the female teachers, the students and the parents at the same time.
Regardless, I trust that the outcomes of the research will give universal lessons to generally improve the psychological well-being of women.